1 Administrative Information
1.1 This report relates to All Saints’ Church, Trefonen, Shropshire. All Saints’ is part of the Diocese of Lichfield and is in the
Archdeaconry of Salop. The church is situated beside the main road through the village.
All Saint’s is one of the four parishes in a United Benefice known as the Border Group of Parishes. The other parishes are:
St Agatha’s, Llanymynech; St Michael the Archangel, Llanyblodwell and St Philip and St James, Morton.
The address for correspondence is:Rev. K Trimby, The Rectory, Rectory Lane, Pant, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY10 9RA
Telephone no: 01691 590025
There is a Benefice Administration Office at All Saints’. The Benefice Administrator is Mrs Sally Humphries.
Office hours: 9.00 am. until 3.00 pm. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Office telephone number: 01691 676383.
1.2 The members of the Parochial Church Council appointed at the last APCM on March 19th, 2014 are:
Ex Officio members:
• The Incumbent: Rev. Kathryn Trimby (Chair)
• Rev Ern OsmanRetired – licensed to the Parish
• Lay-readers:Mrs Betty Steele; Mr John Davenport
• Churchwardens:Mr Derek Fitchett; Mr Bob Kimber(Mr Kimber is also a Deanery Synod Representative)
• Mrs Shirley Herrington-Jones (Deanery Synod Representative)
• Miss Jill Ferguson (Lay Vice Chair)
• Mr Richard Burgess (Treasurer)
• Mrs Jayne Lewis (Secretary)
• Mrs Carol Pickering (Assistant Treasurer)
• Mrs Stevie Edwards
• Mrs Sally Humphreys (Benefice Administrator)
• Miss Joan Parry
• Mrs Susan Rice-Oxley
• Mr Jeremy Gadbury
2 Structure, governance and management
2.1 The Parochial Church Council of the ecclesiastical parish of All Saints’ is a corporate body established by the Church of
England in accordance with the Church Representation Rules 2006. It operates under the PCC Powers Measure 1956 and
is a charity currently excepted from registration with the Charity Commission.
2.2 The method of appointment of PCC members is set out in the Church Representation Rules. For All Saints’, the PCC the
membership consists of the incumbent (the Rector), the Churchwardens, the Lay-Readers, the Deanery Synod
Representatives and 9 lay members elected by those members of the congregation who are on the electoral roll of the
church at the Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM).